Cinéma L’Amour has the distinction of being the oldest movie hall of its kind in Montreal, yet the interior design has remained virtually unchanged since it opened over a century ago. At the heart of Montreal’s Jewish community, in its first years it housed a Yiddish theatre. As time passed and the social climate changed, the decision was made in 1969 to transform it into a grind-house featuring explicit, adult-themed movies, which remains its primary function to this day.
As detailed on their website, in screaming, rainbow-coloured letters:
- WOMEN, MEN AND COUPLES ALWAYS WELCOME!
- FREE FOR COUPLES ON MONDAYS & TUESDAYS
- BURLESQUE WEDNESDAYS: FREE ENTRANCE FOR TRANSVESTITES, SPECIAL “SHE-MALE” PROGRAMMING DURING THE EVENING
- HAPPY HOUR THURSDAYS BEGINS AT 6PM: FREE ENTRANCE FOR COUPLES
- CINEMA L’AMOUR PRESENTS FUN FRIDAYS: FREE ENTRANCE FOR THE LADIES
- WILD SWINGING SATURDAY NIGHTS: TAKE YOUR CURIOSITY TO A MORE ADVENTUROUS LEVEL
- VISIT OUR PRIVATE VIP SECTION RESERVED EXCLUSIVELY FOR COUPLES
- REMEMBER, CINEMA L’AMOUR ALWAYS PLAYS THE HOTTEST & BEST XXX MOVIES
Read more about Montreal’s Jewish history and landmarks.
Open every day from 11am to 11pm.
4015, Blvd. Saint-Laurent
We are coming from NB’ is there parking near the theater? Could you give a brief explanation of how the swinger night on Sat goes?
hey – hope you enjoy your stay in montreal. re: parking – yes, you’ll have no trouble finding parking near the theater, either directly on st-laurent or on any of the side-streets. make sure you read the signs, though. you’re sure to get a ticket if you’re parked in a zone that’s reserved for residents with monthly parking tags.
re: saturday nights – sorry, i couldn’t say. truth is i’ve never had a partner to go there with.